Resources listed on this page are subject to change. Check for current information by visiting the websites or calling the organizations listed on this page.
Food access resources
- Visit the Whatcom Asset Building Coalition’s Food Access Website for the most current Food and Meal Resource Guide for COVID-19 plus information on the Basic Food/SNAP, Fresh Bucks, and WIC programs.
Food bank home delivery assistance
Whatcom Unified has created an online form to request food bank home delivery for home-bound, high risk individuals.
- Bellingham Food Bank
- Bellingham Food Bank has updated their information about their operations for distribution.
- Blaine Food Bank
- Ferndale Food Bank
- Foothills Food Bank
- Foothills Food Bank has updated their information for distribution on their website.
- Lynden Project Hope
- Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army is operating a food bank at 2912 Northwest Ave. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for seniors and others with vulnerable health. They offer pre-boxed and pre-bagged food using a drive-through setup and a walk-up line marked for safe social distancing. All Whatcom County residents can come once per week, regardless of whether or not you have received food from another food bank.
Senior and community meal programs
- Senior Community Meals
- Meals are available to adults over 60 and are donation based. No one will be turned away due to an inability to donate. Each package will include a hot meal plus six frozen meals. The bags will also contain a half gallon of 2% milk and whole grain bread. Meals will be distributed from 11:30 am-12:30 p.m. on the day listed below. Call for location details.
- Bellingham, (360) 733-4030, Wednesdays
- Blaine, (360) 332-8040, Wednesdays
- Lynden, (360) 354-2921, 8:30-10:30 Monday through Friday. Any age welcome, not just senior citizens. Hot to fo meals, picked updelivered to anyone who requests it. Frozen meals also available. All meals are $5. Pre-order by phone.
- Ferndale, (360) 384-6244, Wednesdays
- Sumas & Everson, (360) 778-5850, Mondays
- Meals on Wheels
- There are currently no changes to the Meals on Wheels Program. The Meals on Wheels program will continue regular hot and frozen meal delivery for Meals on Wheels clients as long as staffing and volunteer capacity allows. If you are age 60 or older, homebound, and in need of meals, call (360) 746-6480 or complete a request form.
Safety guidelines for preparation and distribution of food
- Guidance for Donated Food Distribution – for Organizations .
- Guidance for Safely Sharing Food with Your Neighbors – for Individuals and Families
School district food distribution
- Bellingham School District Food Distribution – in FAQ section
- Blaine School District Food Distribution
- Ferndale School District Food Distribution
- Lynden School District Food Distribution
- Meridian School District Food Distribution
- Mount Baker School District Food Distribution – see homepage
- Nooksack School District Food Distribution – see homepage