Our low-barrier community testing program will expand during the week of August 24, 2020. Following a successful trial phase, the number of testing sites will expand to include drive-through COVID-19 testing in every Whatcom County school district. Tests are available by appointment only.
The community testing program will expand to the following sites during the week of 8/24:
Appointments can be scheduled online at www.TestDirectly.com/whatcom. If there are problems with scheduling on-line; or if you do not have an e-mail; or if you need to schedule several family/household members under a single e-mail, please call the Testing Access Scheduling Line at (360) 778-6075 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily for assistance. Appointments for the following week will open each Saturday.
Anyone can get tested at no cost to them through the mobile testing program, including people without insurance or without a physician’s referral.
- People without insurance will be tested at no cost to them through a federal program that will reimburse the health department for all costs associated with the test.
- If you do have insurance, you must provide insurance information for billing purposes when scheduling an appointment. People with health insurance are not eligible for the federal program and may be held responsible for the cost of the test if they do not provide accurate health insurance information.
While this program is designed to be a drive-through testing site, if you do not have access to a vehicle, accommodations will be made by calling (360) 778-6075. For assistance scheduling a test in a language other than English, language services are also available by calling (360) 778-6075.
Getting Your Test Results
We will call anyone with positive test results to notify them and provide information about how to safely isolate from others.
You also have the option to sign up for email notification of test results.
- People who provide their email address when they register for an appointment online or by phone will get an email from TestDirectly with a link to receive results within approximately 24 hours of being tested.
- All individuals will be given information on how to access their test results with a unique Key Code at the time of testing.
- People who do not provide an email while registering will be notified of their results over the phone by WCHD within 72 hours.
For more information about the mobile testing program, other testing locations in Whatcom County, or the testing FAQs, visit https://www.whatcomcounty.us/covidtesting.